POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : to Lutz: simple (hope so!) feature request : Re: to Lutz: simple (hope so!) feature request Server Time
17 May 2024 16:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: to Lutz: simple (hope so!) feature request
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 17 Apr 2004 13:45:44
Message: <c7r2805ard3inkipvh5iura5uh0u8jr2jc@4ax.com>
Hi Marc Jacquier, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> I have been thinking for a while of  a layer option which should mark all
> objects in that layer as "no export" when the layer is not displayed
> and one other feature: a "Solo display" option which should  display ONLY
> the selected object
> and "Solo export" option which should  export ONLY the selected object
This is not a simple thing to do and raises a number of issues: what
if the object on a layer to be exported contains a reference to an
object in a layer that is not exported? And what if that other object
is buried in a group?
This is the reason why I only allow the Export flag on top-level
objects....

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray